Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Most useless keyboard key?

Personally, I think the ESC key is the most useless key. Every time I have a problem I just hit the power button.No, I am kidding!
    I think the tilda/Graves accent key is taking up valuable real estate. The keyboard commands are nice to have around, so I wouldn't get rid of the winkey either.And I use the caps lock key quite a bit as well.

I would have to agree on the insert key. I manage to turn that thing on all the time and it pisses me off.

Agree with the people that use the windows key a lot. That key gets used quite a bit.
    Rizon CEO
    Jason
    Jason@Rizon.net

Well, Personally the Functions button are no use too me so I would say them except for F5.

Rizon Staff

definately going to go with the numlock key on my laptop..... i use windows key shortcuts all the time. microsoft has a good list of them for windows 7 here (click me). i actually use the pause key often whem im booting a computer that goes by the bios so fast due to a crappy LCD monitor attached to it. press pause when it beeps first and then it waits til you do something else to continue! Scroll lock is useful when working in large excel spreadsheets, and i have mirc using ~ instead of / for command prefixes. I thought about the menu open key below the right shift, but seriously.... who freakin needs numlock on a damn laptop...
    Services Root Administrator
    Server Admin - backup.hub
    Server Admin - bastard.hub
    Server Admin - fiendish.hub
    Server Admin - sleepy.hub
    Server Admin - irc.cccp-project.net
    Server Admin - irc.broke-it.com
    Server Admin - irc.cyberdynesystems.net
    Server Admin - irc.shakeababy.net
    Executive Board
    Routing Team
    Vhost team
    Security Team

I have to seriously admit that, like Holz, Caps Lock is the key I've touched the least. You've got 2 shift keys, so what's the point when you can even convert your text to uppercase now?
    irc operator
    services operator
    darkex [AT] rizon [DOT] net

I'm going to have to say the little right-click key under right-shift and to the left of right-ctrl. I only hit it by accident sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokizzzle View Post
    Definitely the 'insert' key. Nothing is more annoying than realizing you accidentally had overtype enabled in Word while rushing to finish a paper that's due in the next couple of minutes.

But on the other hand, the windows key is absolutely useful! I find myself hitting winkey + D at least once a day (reason disclosed).
    I NEVER KNEW WINKEY +D DOES THAT. OH SNAP.

I'll insert and numlock are utterly useless, at least on a laptop. Hitting insert on accident seriously is aggravating. And numlock... never used it.
    Yuugu/Steak
    Services Operator
    yuugu@rizon.net

[Help Team]

[vhost Team]

That button that brings up the right click menu, next to the right Winkey.

So useless I forgot it was there until now.

Uh.. My vote for the most useless key goes to the scroll lock, never used it. Of course I do press it, but thats more accident than intention.

And I agree with a certain someone when he/she said the winkey. I dont remember the last time I pushed it xD

I would probably say Page Break, especially because I have no awareness of what a page break is even used for :/