Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Rizon radio station

Default Official Rizon radio station

Hello, was wondering if anyone would be interested in launching an "official rizon network station. - I have talked with one of the program directors at XM, and they said that IF we could garrentee 100% uptimes on radio servers, that it perhaps COULD be considered for public air.
    ideas?
    plse let me know. thanks.

regards
    regards, Doc

Rizon Staff
    oper irc.lolipower.org
    vhost team
    oper irc.kickassanime.org
    doc@rizon.net

hosting wouldn't be the issuee, content/DJ's.....
    ~ mink / B
    Rizon Senior Network Administrator

I agree with you there mink, and getting ppl that would "stick" with it, would be a problem as well. - my thinking was it would make rizons arms grow even longer using a "public format" thus increasing users from various places, office ppl listening and joining the network from work etc..
    regards, Doc

Rizon Staff
    oper irc.lolipower.org
    vhost team
    doc@rizon.net

I wouldn't mind DJing sometimes

Retired since 2009!

Need any help on IRC?
    #Help - General Rizon help
    #Services - IRC Operator assistance
    #SSL - SSL installation help

I listen to XM radio, and also have added a few of the dj's from XM on my facebook. Good to have them aboard possibly...
    escnuk3r
    irc.rizon.net
    Server Admin

escnuk3r@rizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by Anniie View Post
    I wouldn't mind DJing sometimes
    I won't mind DJ'ing...What genre will this station be? I would like to do a drum-n-bass segment.

Default DJ

Well me and three friends came to this server all former members of the WebChat Radio Network. All experienced DJ's. if you need any help you can find me, in #metalmayhem.

We came over to this server due to wanting to start our own station..

I can get a custom website designed for about a hundred dollars. (not some cheap cheesy on either) and I can get up to for bandwidth streams on one shout cast hosting bundle for 15 dollars a month with a stream as high as 96KB/s @ 44.1 HZ stereo.. I personally prefer 128KB/s 44.1 Stereo but then again that is CD quality too. all that would be left is getting Sam Broadcasters for all the dj's. I suggest Sam3 because it is better then sam2 by far. More reliable, consistant and has some pretty cool features that 2 doesnt have.

Anyways let me know.

TheVoice

Quote Originally Posted by TheVoice View Post
    Well me and three friends came to this server all former members of the WebChat Radio Network. All experienced DJ's. if you need any help you can find me, in #metalmayhem.

We came over to this server due to wanting to start our own station..

I can get a custom website designed for about a hundred dollars. (not some cheap cheesy on either) and I can get up to for bandwidth streams on one shout cast hosting bundle for 15 dollars a month with a stream as high as 96KB/s @ 44.1 HZ stereo.. I personally prefer 128KB/s 44.1 Stereo but then again that is CD quality too. all that would be left is getting Sam Broadcasters for all the dj's. I suggest Sam3 because it is better then sam2 by far. More reliable, consistant and has some pretty cool features that 2 doesnt have.

Anyways let me know.

TheVoice
    Thevoice thanks for that! - great!, we are looking into getting things going, any further ideas, feel free to post them here or email me directly, cheers
    regards, Doc

Rizon Staff
    oper irc.lolipower.org
    vhost team
    doc@rizon.net

I'll probably play everything and anything.

Retired since 2009!

Need any help on IRC?
    #Help - General Rizon help
    #Services - IRC Operator assistance
    #SSL - SSL installation help

Doc tell me what you all have planned so far and Ill fill in what I believe might help. lets see if we cant get this thing going. Ill jump on to the old network I used to DJ for and talk to the dude who runs the radio portion of the network. see if i cant get some help getting Sam3 broadcaster and a license that can be used for every one.