Thread: Internet Time Occupied mostly by Social Networks and Blogs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Internet Time Occupied mostly by Social Networks and Blogs

A new study published by Nielsen titled “State of the Media: The Social Media Report” states that 23% of overall internet usage is occupied by social networks and blogs. Also, girls dominate the social network scene, except LinkedIn and Wikia. Google+ was not part of the survey.

Highlights of Nielsen’s “State of the Media: The Social Media Report”

· Social networks and blogs continue to dominate Americans’ time online, now accounting for nearly a quarter of total time spent on the Internet
    · At over 53 billion total minutes during May 2011, Americans spend more time on Facebook than they do on any other website
    · Tumblr is an emerging player in social media, nearly tripling its audience from a year ago
    · Nearly 40 percent of social media users access social media content from their mobile phone
    · Internet users over the age of 55 are driving the growth of social networking through the Mobile Internet
    · 70 percent of active online adult social networkers shop online, 12 percent more likely than the average adult Internet user
    · Across a sample of 10 global markets, social networks and blogs are the top online destination in each country, accounting for the majority of time spent online and reaching at least 60 percent of active Internet users.

Thanks to social media, it's not so difficult to promote your own product now if you're not funded properly... I'm pretty satisfied with apps for Instagram like https://zen-promo.com/follow_bot_instagram/ - I use and abuse them for my account boosting. The result - more people can reach out to my product (I'm a young artist and a businessman) and it's extremely cheap for me. I can't really complain about that.