Thread: Services Limits - Chanserv

Cool Services Limits - Chanserv

We've increased some limits which impacting some of our larger channels effective immediately:

- Channel access list can now have up to 2048 names, up from 1024.
    - Channel auto-kick list can now have up to 200 names, up from 100.
    - Users can now register up to 25 channels, up from 20.

Thanks for flying Rizon, please post any other suggestions on the forums!
    Last edited by mink; 01-09-2012 at 10:34 AM. Reason: patch in place, all changes now live!
    ~ mink / B
    Rizon Senior Network Administrator

Shouldn't the channel ban list be made able to handle over the amount of akicks, instead of the other way around? From what I've been told the channel ban list still is limited to 100 ban masks.
    And the Lord said unto John; Come forth and receive eternal life. But John came fifth, and won a toaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    Shouldn't the channel ban list be made able to handle over the amount of akicks, instead of the other way around? From what I've been told the channel ban list still is limited to 100 ban masks.
    That's a valid point. We'll discuss it internally and see if its doable. As it would require a change on every server it's not as simple as modifying services. That said....
    You don't need 200 slots on the ban list to have 200 akicks, as an akick wouldn't need to have the +b active for everyone on the list as it will re-add/kick if they rejoin for any reason.
    ~ mink / B
    Rizon Senior Network Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    You don't need 200 slots on the ban list to have 200 akicks, as an akick wouldn't need to have the +b active for everyone on the list as it will re-add/kick if they rejoin for any reason.
    And if they have a client that auto-rejoins on kick, this will lead to quite a bit of spam for a while, until the server kills them or someone bans them.
    I don't know about the bigger channels (300+ users), but most everywhere else, the ban list is usually at least 3 to 4 times bigger than the akick list, also counting in repetitive (2,3,4...) ban masks for one user as well.
    Of course this is not that big of an issue though, I'm sure by the time you reach 100 bans, you'll be able to remove at least one of them to ban someone else.
    And the Lord said unto John; Come forth and receive eternal life. But John came fifth, and won a toaster.

Rizon Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    And if they have a client that auto-rejoins on kick, this will lead to quite a bit of spam for a while, until the server kills them or someone bans them.
    I don't know about the bigger channels (300+ users), but most everywhere else, the ban list is usually at least 3 to 4 times bigger than the akick list, also counting in repetitive (2,3,4...) ban masks for one user as well.
    Of course this is not that big of an issue though, I'm sure by the time you reach 100 bans, you'll be able to remove at least one of them to ban someone else.
    Services can set bans through the ban limit.