To promote active and engaging communities on Rizon, we are giving out auth line (aka I-line) to founders of large and active channels. You will get the following privileges with an auth line:

• Spoofed host, i.e. after being connected to the network, you will be shown as connecting from a spoofed host (e.g. "a.host") instead of your real IP/host
  • Can exceed channel limit, i.e. you can join more than 75 channels which is the maximum limit on most of our servers
  • Can join a private channel, in which you will get:
    • Easy access to network staff
    • Invited to test out new features we are going to implement
    • Request for custom botname in BotServ, which will be an exclusive right for members of the channel

Qualification

In order to qualify for "large" or "active" channel, it has to satisfy the following conditions:

Large: 300 or more users with the vast majority of them being real users, i.e. not bots. "Vast majority" is up to the discretion of network staff, but as a rule of thumb, it should be at least 90%.

Active: between 150-300 users with active chatting activity between real users, e.g. playing trivia with a trivia bot does not count. "Active" is up to the discretion of network staff, we will have staff member(s) observing in the channel.

Revocation

An auth line will be revoked in the following conditions:

• the user has broken any network rule, which includes sharing your auth line with another user. It is your responsibility to keep your auth line safe and private;
  • the user is no longer the channel's founder. If you have dropped your nick, dropped the channel or transferred the channel's foundership to another user, please notify a network staff as soon as possible;
  • the channel is no longer large or active. Having periods of dropping below 300 users or inactivity does not immediately disqualify a channel, however such periods should be short and temporary. Periodic checks will be carried out by network staff.

How to claim

Join #services to make the claim, if eligible. Your nick should be shown as founder in the channel's information in ChanServ. Making false claims will result in being banned from the channel or even the network. If you have any question about this policy, join #help and we will answer your questions there.

Note: founders of existing large channels (as of the date of this post) do not need to make a claim; a network staff will approach you.