Thread: #DontJoinItsATrap TrapBot

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default #DontJoinItsATrap TrapBot

I know ye developers are busy, and for those with business to be done I have included a "tl;dr" at the bottom of this document.

I come to you friends, ircers, and developers in an attempt to plead for my beloved friend, TrapBot, to be reloaded/summoned. A great vestige of the past, TrapBot brought a culmination of fear and hatred to those stupid enough to enter his gates; anger so great that those who wandered in dizzied themselves in fury. Trapbot watched over the channel and enforced his edict; a secure guard to his #DontJoinItsATrap castle. He patrolled his cold, snowy grounds of the north.

To those with patience and attention my dear TrapBot would show mercy, and open his gates to the surrounding world. Those who chose to stay honed their skills in the recreation of trivia and uno. Legends were born: ANTrat, bitch, zZzZzZz, Jimbozeuben, flamingspinach. They live on in the memories of those who watched the streaks of perfection and the inhuman feats accomplished.

I ask you to revive TrapBot, and in turn, #DontJoinItsATrap. To apply the defibrillator to his old codebase. To give him new life.

If you require a proper master of the necromantic arts to bring back our beloved TrapBot, I have found a suitable individual. A great wizard who has existed long on this plane.
    <TheGreatSparky> Well without Trapbot it's really not #DontJoinItsATrap
    <TheGreatSparky> I could easily rewrite the code, but I'm relatively sure that they wouldn't implement it

If an assistant is needed, I would happily help in the attempts.

I have made my case. All I can now ask is for ye of great minds to consider.

Your humble subject,
    jones

tl;dr - bring back trapbot in #DontJoinItsATrap

Leave it to jones to nearly bring a tear to my eye, even though he apparently neglected to mention me in the list of trivia legends. Or maybe I am just hated.

Anyway, it would be a truly wonderful thing if TrapBot were resurrected but, alas, it is not in the cards.

Well, at the moment I can't write as passionately or as eloquently on the subject as jones did but this was a great post.

5/5 would read again.

Rizon Staff

EDIT: Christina's done some work on this, it will be coming back at some point.
    Last edited by Adam; 08-14-2014 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    EDIT: Christina's done some work on this, it will be coming back at some point.
    /me wrings his hands together, laughing maliciously.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited about this. Personally, I *like* being stuck in the channel. I'm not even in it right now because I'm *not* stuck. I shall wait for "at some point".