We will be again hosting a Christmas Event from 22nd to 31st by giving out colored vhosts to registered nicks. In order to get one:

  1. Register your nick if you haven't already ("/msg NickServ help register");
  2. Identify to the registered nick;
  3. Join #xmas and enjoy!

To make things a bit more exciting this year, you will get a chance of winning a special colored vhost by idling in the channel. My script will draw out a random regular user every 15 minutes and assign a special version of colored vhost of the day, i.e. underlined (60% chance), bold (30% chance), or both (10% chance).

If for some reason you want to take off the colored vhost, you can do one of the followings:
  • If you have a vhost assigned to your nick, activate your vhost (i.e. "/msg HostServ on")
  • "/mode your_nick -x" (then "/mode your_nick +x" if you want to remask your host)
  • Reconnect to the network without rejoining #xmas

A few things to note:

  • Colored vhost is temporary and will be gone once you take it off or disconnect from the network. Simply rejoin #xmas to regain it
  • We will give out predefined color vhosts only which will rotate daily. Do NOT ask for a custom one
  • Do NOT abuse the system or you will be banned from the network for 7 days

For channel operators
If someone is abusing color vhosts in your channel, join #services and we will assist you there. All colored vhosts of a certain day will follow the same pattern so you can also choose to forbid it in your channel altogether, for example:


You can place the following ban accordingly:

/mode #channel +b *!*@*merry.christmas*

Have fun, enjoy the event, and Merry Christmas!