View Poll Results: Which proposal do you support?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Proposal A

0 0%
  • Proposal B

1 100.00%
  • Proposal C

0 0%
  • Proposal D

0 0%

Thread: OperServ

Default OperServ

Hello,

Upon doing some online research, it has come to my attention that the OperServ bot is an issue. According to most sources, this bot allows IRCops to potentially interfere with regular channel operations, including jumping bans, +i mode, and channel keys. I believe that it can even allow IRCops to "take over" a channel by usurping +q mode and other founder permissions. Yikes! Therefore, I propose that Rizon do one of the following:

A). Disable OperServ entirely

B). Restrict OperServ commands to only global issues and global channels (autokill lists, config for channels like #help or #services)

C.) Leave OperServ the way it is, but allow regular users to perform /msg operserv help and /os help - this will not allow non-IRCops to actually use the bot, but it will allow all users to see what commands IRCops technically can use, either in their favor or against them.

D). Document a list of OperServ commands that IRCops of various levels can use at the Rizon Wiki. There is already plenty of documentation for ChanServ, NickServ, etc.

Thank you,
    ChatGirl

Find me at #dailychat
    Last edited by ChatGirl; 01-20-2017 at 07:02 PM. Reason: add option D

Hello ChatGirl,

Rizon has policies in place that disallow any abuse. OperServ has a variety of functionalities that keep the network clean from spammers and allow staff to help users where needed. While staff has the possibility of stepping in when needed, this is only done in situations that require it, so you don't have to worry about staff "taking over" your channel.

Can you explain how the following abilities would ever be used to "help" users?

* Unsetting/jumping channel bans
    * Unsetting/jumping chanmode +i
    * Unsetting/jumping chanmode +k
    * Claiming +q usermode and other founder access

Each command has their own use case, and will be used as seen fit.