Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
Basically, from what I gather, you are proposing that a channel be able to create and use it's very own BotServ client exclusively. The sheer amount of services clients alone that this would create makes it rather undesirable. It just uses more of our resources for no actual point
I understand your point and I do agree with your conclusion. Truthfully I was already fully aware that an implementation such as I have suggested would have the ramifications you alluded to. However I am an advocate of customization and I am still of the belief that such a feature would be a great addition for BotServ; concurrently the process as I have defined may not be the optimum method for this idea as you have shown. With regards to this matter I will continue to think of ways to reinvent this idea.

With regards to the complete abandonment of BotServ however, I cannot be in total agreement with that conclusion. Simply BotServ still holds or carries with it a certain level of necessity and functionality currently not provided by ChanServ (such as flood control; kicks for excessive repeats, bolds etc.). If users are aware of this and if they are utilizing this functionality is a different matter.
What I can agree on, is if all BotServ's functionality is integrated within ChanServ (including flood control etc.) that would increase ChanServ's functionality and flexibility exponentially, whilst reducing the overhead costs associated with the separate BotServ.

------------------

Miikaii <--> Miichiio
#infaxel.net@irc.rizon.net
"Hoping business class features can be given to coach. Enjoy flying Rizon."