Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: #DontJoinItsATrap

Seriously... if you see a channel named #DontJoinItsATrap and then you join it...

You deserve to be trapped for some length of time.
    frosty jack, Rizon EB

It's hilarious, it's not like you can't get out if you try hard enough.

"/timer 1 1 /leave | //nick $anick"
    or replace $anick with any other nick.
    ohoho.

It's retarded, imo. The only people that seem to like it are those who like to point at other's and laugh (and possibly even ridicule) when they do something stupid. I guess if you take the bait then you can live with the consequences. Then again, I should be able to a leave a channel I DON'T want to be a part of, regardless of the channel's name.

The channel is annoying as fuck if I'm in it for too long......... otherwise... I feel sexually deprived when I'm not there </3

#dontjoinitsatrap is my home

Seriously, what's the problem? It says Dont join, it's a trap! The people who join know that something will happen, so they have to live with the consequences imo. And it's not a punishment to be in there, I like it. And like SecretAgent said, I laugh about the people who get angry because they can't leave, so yeah, I dont see what the problem really is.

* Overmind^___^ sets mode: +Dg XD

Quote Originally Posted by Locotes View Post
    Seriously, what's the problem? It says Dont join, it's a trap! The people who join know that something will happen, so they have to live with the consequences imo. And it's not a punishment to be in there, I like it. And like SecretAgent said, I laugh about the people who get angry because they can't leave, so yeah, I dont see what the problem really is.
    I think you misunderstood my post. If you take pleasure in watching other users intentionally be bullied / abused (yes, I'm using that term loosely here), then kudos to you I suppose -- though I think that's rather sad.

You can cry all you want about the channel's name being a clue not to join, but we all know that's exactly why users do join. Add in the multiple global notices, and yes, it's quite clear the sole purpose of the channel was to simply piss off users -- you know, those people who connect to Rizon to have a good time. That's what I, and others see as the problem.

Then again, will this reply change anything? Most likely not, because as you've stated yourself, you take pleasure in watching these pissed off, irritated users -- as no doubt those who created the channel do to.

it's retarded

i avoided all the global notifications and various people joining channels to spam it it but some of my friends had been in it a few days so while they were idling last night i thought i'd see what the fun was

the trouble is the channel has endless "dinging" with some messages in a language i don't read coming up repeatedly so is really annoying and gets in the way of whatever else you're trying to do (i use sound to notify if anyone's active in a quiet channel)

if you can read quick enough to read what anyone's saying past all the coming and going you might see someone say there's a chance to leave every so often. problem is THAT DOESN'T WORK

i didn't have voice so joined in (rizon) mibbit a few times this afternoon trying to converse via my username but apparently having too many mibbits open has earnt me a permanent ban, which i only found when i tried joining in mibbit proper

great fun rizon, i'm sure it was funny the first few hours but jeez grow the fuck up