Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: #DontJoinItsATrap

This channel is a monsterous injustice.

And before I get hit with the smug arrogance of the Darwinists, I've NEVER clicked a on a link, NEVER been to this channel before, and my IP is secure, so I'd actually quite like to know why I was thrown in during sign-on for apparently no reason at all. There are 200 people in there, and what with the lone half-spent braincell repeatedly attempting the trivia questions with the unrelenting procession equatable to that of a winning moth-lightbulb combination, my logs fill, my bandwidth is sapped, and my browser is threatened by spontaneous quick death. In an attempt to be ejected I decided to continually stop the Trivia in an effort to be kicked by this individual--an obvious show of distress that was answered by my being devoiced, which, when all is boiled down, is nothing short of sadistic.

The internet is not your psychology experiment, Rizon.

To leave, type /part continuously.

Edit: Ah, that's cute.
    Last edited by Rep; 08-24-2009 at 02:50 PM.

You are not being held at your will, but it appears you have become accustom to the channel information provided in the topic.
    escnuk3r
    irc.rizon.net
    Server Admin

escnuk3r@rizon.net

Oh, okay.

Wait.

What?

They let everyone part the channel after a certain amount of time. Also if you are wanting to get out immediately then disconnect and close out the window for the channel and reconnect problem solved. That if you haven't already figured it out
    escnuk3r
    irc.rizon.net
    Server Admin

escnuk3r@rizon.net

The doesn't work. I've disconnected and reconnected multiple times, closing my browser fully in the final instance. Hence the edit.

And I assume you're talking about the "window of opportunity". Apparently I have to keep an eye on the chat virtually continuously from between 45 - 90 minutes and am unable to see how long is left as I'm devoiced.

Rizon Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rep View Post
    And before I get hit with the smug arrogance of the Darwinists, I've NEVER clicked a on a link, NEVER been to this channel before, and my IP is secure, so I'd actually quite like to know why I was thrown in during sign-on for apparently no reason at all.
    The reason is that you're connected from Mibbit's IP, and so are a few other users. If only one of them was on #DontJoinItsATrap, you're svsjoined in there upon connecting as well.

Using Mibbit, connect to mibbit.rizon.net, otherwise use qwebirc or a regular client, in order to (appear to) be connected from your own IP, then you won't randomly be svsjoined into #DontJoinItsATrap.

Default ...

i dont like this chnnel ...
    It is annoying...
    Nobody.

ye it got me i was in it for a couple of days

I love this channel. :-)
    I love to make people suffer! Hehe.

This channel has a serious love hate relationship.
    Rizon CEO
    Jason
    Jason@Rizon.net