Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: #DontJoinItsATrap

Default I like it

I like the channel and more than often I join, of late I havent as my connection has been going dodgey and having the channel popping up all the time is frustrating. The uno+trivia are fun too!

ClIRC users get an easy way out:

/part #DontJoinItsATrap|/nick <newnick>

| = command seperator

this might work on other clients too, but I'm not sure.
    Time waits for no Rizon User

everyone's posting this crap. you'll only be forced back to the trap after you disconnect

The channel records my IP address once, while using the web client, and afterwards I cannot connect to Rizon with a real client without being forced to join the channel again. When I set mIRC to block the channel, I get disconnected from the server and eventually banned from the network. Obviously this same process will just repeat itself ad infinitum once the ban is lifted (unless there's some IRC client that doesn't allow itself to be hijacked at will).

Maybe you could save time and effort by automatically k-lining anyone who tries to connect? Or maybe you should just shut down the network. You obviously don't want anyone to use it.

Fucking dumbasses.

Quote Originally Posted by escnuk3r View Post
    Well we don't force you to join. Maybe it was an auto join...
    Or maybe you do force people to join, because that's the entire premise and function of the channel, you goddamn moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    A combination of magic and midgets.
    A combination of IRC client programmers being dumbasses with no concept of security and Rizon staff being such chucklefucks that they take advantage of it to harass users.

Quote Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
    If you really don't want to be in the channel, there're quite a few of us OPs there and most of us are more than happy to help you. You don't need to beg or anything, you can just ask normally. Calling names, cussing or making threats isn't the way to get you out, if your common sense didn't tell you already.
    Fuck you. I didn't come to Rizon so I can spend my time battling against some stupid channel that hijacks my IRC client, I came so I could talk to people on one channel. You know, that's kind of what IRC is for. If your common sense didn't tell you already.
    Last edited by blahblah; 01-06-2010 at 12:16 AM.

Or maybe you do force people to join, because that's the entire premise and function of the channel, you goddamn moron.
    You are not forced to join if you (or rather someone with the same IP) has not been in there before. Also, every 45-90 minutes there is a 1 minute window in which you can freely part without getting forcejoined again.

A combination of IRC client programmers being dumbasses with no concept of security and Rizon staff being such chucklefucks that they take advantage of it to harass users.
    This really has nothing to do with clients, IRCds have a command to forcejoin a client to a channel.
    Gemini
    Rizon Help Team - vHost Team - kline Team
    Gemini@rizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    You are not forced to join if you (or rather someone with the same IP) has not been in there before.
    And people are supposed to somehow know in advance that the channel keeps track of IP addresses and then forces them to join even after they have closed the client? I always assumed that the channel just prevents you from /parting, because I did not have the necessary imagination to foresee that it would actually keep forcibly joining my IP address forever afterwards, and that mIRC would have a security hole the size of a Deathstar that allows it to happen. Even if I had known that such things are possible, I likely would have given Rizon the benefit of the doubt by assuming that they aren't such major fucking assclowns that they would actually do it (obviously I was mistaken).

Also, every 45-90 minutes there is a 1 minute window in which you can freely part without getting forcejoined again.
    Who the fuck cares? I am not playing your stupid fucking game. If I want to leave a channel then I'm leaving it, even if it means keeping my client in an infinite disconnect loop until the powers that be start crying like the bitches they are and k-line me. So go fuck yourself.

This really has nothing to do with clients, IRCds have a command to forcejoin a client to a channel.
    And client developers put up with it, which is the entire problem. It's unacceptable that a client can be hijacked. When a browser is forced to visit a certain page without the user having a say in the matter, it's called a security problem, not a feature.

And again, you're missing the point.
    There is NOTHING a client developer can do against it aside from sending a PART command, and the bot will just get you back in.

Now instead of making such a huge drama about it, you could've just asked us in a normal way and we might just have removed you.
    We certainly don't want to keep anyone in against their will.
    Gemini
    Rizon Help Team - vHost Team - kline Team
    Gemini@rizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    And again, you're missing the point.
    There is NOTHING a client developer can do against it aside from sending a PART command, and the bot will just get you back in.
    And there's nothing browser developers can do against malware and malicious websites! Oh wait...

Now instead of making such a huge drama about it, you could've just asked us in a normal way and we might just have removed you.
    Don't try to pin this on the user, you asshole. You're the one who's forcing people to join the channel. I'm also pretty sure that spamming a channel in an effort to get kicked is a pretty good way of signalling "hey, I'd rather not be here." But no, that just gets you devoiced and laughed at. Trying to repeatedly part also does nothing. I guess Rizon staff are so fucking brain dead that they can't take an obvious hint.

We certainly don't want to keep anyone in against their will.
    You are already keeping people there against their will, and k-lining them when they want to leave, you stupid motherfucker.

Hi!

I have an account in #bouncer and every time when the server is down, when it returns, I get trapped on #dontjoinitsatrap.

Could anyone help me?

Best regards
    Matheus Ventura

[Mexico Team]
    [Spain Team]
    [Latin Team]

Thumbs down ....

The chan is ok. When i was there, there was no abuse as far as i have seen.
    BeWaRe You're In FoR A sCaRE

how this auto rejoin work?
    how can I do same to my channel? :P