Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: #DontJoinItsATrap

Quote Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
    it's retarded
    really annoying
    gets in the way of whatever else you're trying to do
    grow the fuck up
    :):):):):):):):)

(On a side note to the person who wanted to speak in the room, any registered nick is automatically voiced in the room, if you flood or spam it automatically devoices you and makes sure on the next join you are devoiced. So don't flood or spam.)
    Last edited by Jason; 02-08-2009 at 08:12 PM.

i appreciate that, the staff here do seem friendly and interactive and i've noticed the superbowl notifications etc but personally speaking i'm just here for my friends, i'm aware of a chat room and others but i usually just keep to myself (i joined for the US elections room though)

anyway, i managed to leave the room finally, i don't know if there was a problem but not being able to before when i thought i was meant to be able to was a bit frustrating, maybe i would have had a better experience otherwise (plus the "dinging" i mentioned happened even with the room highlighted, i don't know what it was but it didn't stop)

the thing about registered nicks... i do have a nick registered but i'm not always using that nick (sometimes it's fun to change which we tend to do a lot); the problem is i never got to find out about the auto-voice as you can't change your nick when moderated in a channel (and i was *always* in that channel)

part of me wanted to join again.. hgngnngng

If you really don't want to be in the channel, there're quite a few of us OPs there and most of us are more than happy to help you. You don't need to beg or anything, you can just ask normally. Calling names, cussing or making threats isn't the way to get you out, if your common sense didn't tell you already.

am i the first to be klined over the channel? because if i was, thats epic. klining people over messing with a joke channel.. yeah, thats the rizon we know and "love".

You were akilled for spamming the room, harassing an oper in private message, then attempting to join/part flood the room after getting out of it, changing your ident to that of a staff member to avoid a ban.

And to answer your question no you're not the first idiot to come along... err first person to be akilled.

i didnt change my ident when i initially flooded (although i did come back later on my n800).. plus to be a smartass about it, i technically wasnt join/part flooding, the joining part was your server, had your server not forced me to join a channel not on my join list there wouldnt have been a problem, and i only started parting repeatedly because my voice was taken away for saying 'cockburn'.. oh no, cockburn as an answer to a trivia question, what are we going to do! think of the children!

i didnt join your channel in the first place, someone else on my network did, and i didnt want to be there, so parting is reasonable to do, i just decided to do it over and over because you kept forcing me in there. i didnt do anything wrong.. well, except for calling that one guy a jew, and thats not wrong, and saying it is is an insult to jewish people and i'm offended by your anti semitism.

internet is serious business.
    Last edited by token; 02-07-2009 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessun View Post
    err first person to be akilled.
    I was first? XD Is this thing permanent?
    Last edited by Overmind^___^; 02-08-2009 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Overmind^___^ View Post
    I was first? XD Is this thing permanent?
    It should say how many 'minutes' you're banned for when you try to connect, such as 43200 minutes, aka 30 days. If you want an easy way to convert minutes to days, just put '### minutes to days' into google and it'll convert it for you.

You'll see the message like this when you try to connect.
    *** Banned Temporary K-line 43200 min. - [fiberOptiC] join/part flooding (tokenote: he means part flooding i guess since i wasnt joining anything.. it was the server doing it, i swear!) - visit http://kline.rizon.net/ if you believe this ban is an error. (2009/2/7 17.26)
    Take minutes, google, enjoy. If you don't see minutes ot 'temporary', you might have been permabanned, in which case, lol...
    Last edited by token; 02-08-2009 at 03:05 AM. Reason: tokenote: sarcasm detected, core dumped

Nothing about ban. I just get two modes every time I connect :
    * Overmind^___^ sets mode: +Dg
    So I can't join any channels.