Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: #DontJoinItsATrap

Hm, interesting. I'd see if you can private message an admin or staff member about that since it's not really a kline or akill, and im not sure how intentional that is. In fact, Nessun loves dealing with things like this, you should ask him

Outside of trivia channels, this may be the most trivia that's actually been responded to.. ever.

I love this channel, it's made my week (Yeah, it's been a slow week.)

I don't really understand all the people that beg to get banned or let out. People complain about the notices... Turn off notice sounds. Most irc clients have options to mute or lower the sounds of join/part/quits. The only thing I have sound for is highlights. Even then I sometimes mute everything if somebody keeps doing it.

Meh, nothing wrong with a little fun now and then. Some people need to chill out a bit and realize "it's just the internet".

Sorry to hear about stuff that happened to you guys, but don't get too annoyed.

On another note, I think this was just somebody being really bored. The whole thing is rather selfish, making a channel that everyone has to join and can't leave. Somebody's gf break up with them or something? Can't be alone?! FORCE join! W/e though, I've enjoyed it so far.

Roger on the amusement.

I meant... joining this channel doesn't really mess with anything else you do on rizon. Unless you're low bandwidth. One extra channel doesn't really mean anything. akilling a whole bunch of people on the other hand... does.

Those are really two seperate things, I agree with you on "it's just the internet" as a cop-out.

One extra channel doesn't really mean anything.
    uh.. what? And what about highlighting when message in the Taskbar? Hm? When someone visits one channel(+dontjoin) it's really annoying.
    Someone said something about we don't like admins with humor sense... Why wouldn't we? I also noticed the superbowl event. I didn't join it, but it looked like a good idea, however. But this..

Quote Originally Posted by mSamyel View Post
    uh.. what? And what about highlighting when message in the Taskbar? Hm? When someone visits one channel(+dontjoin) it's really annoying.
    Someone said something about we don't like admins with humor sense... Why wouldn't we? I also noticed the superbowl event. I didn't join it, but it looked like a good idea, however. But this..
    good idea != ego trip

rizops catch ego cancer, cancer kills good, bad takes over, godzilla attacks.

and thats why i have never once considered putting my channel on rizon, because godzilla scares the hell out of me and his return is inevitable.
    Last edited by token; 02-08-2009 at 03:34 PM. Reason: chicken sandwiches are yummy

This is all... mildly entertaining.

People who really want to leave can also take advantage of that 1 minute window of freedom every 45-90 mins...

Press alt+r in mirc and add this to your remotes:
    Code:
    on *:TEXT:*YOU HAVE 1 MINUTE TO PART THE CHANNEL, GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!*:#dontjoinitsatrap:{ if ( $nick == TrapBot ) { /part #dontjoinitsatrap } }

i've seen many a man fall victim to this channel

i show them no pity

Exclamation

this is a stupid thing,
    if you guys are bored you should think of making something to keep out bottlers, spammers and shit like that.
    this bullshit is complete useless and annoying.
    making people get klined because they try to part/quit the channel.

I didn't join this channel, but found it open in xchat when I came home from work yesterday.
    It annoys me and I don't have free time to watch for bot announces.