Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: #DontJoinItsATrap

Well we don't force you to join. Maybe it was an auto join... Either way thanks for the feedback.
    escnuk3r
    irc.rizon.net
    Server Admin

escnuk3r@rizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by TRaSH View Post
    this is a stupid thing,
    if you guys are bored you should think of making something to keep out bottlers, spammers and shit like that.
    this bullshit is complete useless and annoying.
    making people get klined because they try to part/quit the channel.
    People who join/part the channel fast enough are being killed off the network. But this is only a global kill and they are able to reconnect just fine, so there are no k:lines or bans involved with the join/parting.

As for the spammers and bottlers we already have wonderful systems such as the passive IP scan by py-bopm (se below) on connection, we have our own flood detector and not to forget the active IRC Operators with loads of experience to deal with these things.

-py-bopm- Pursuant to United States Code (USC), Title 18, Part 1, Section 2701 Part (c),

-py-bopm- Rizon will do a passive scan of your IP address to check for open proxies.

-py-bopm- If you do not consent to this scan, disconnect now. These scans are harmless andbwill originate from proxyscan.rizon.net (65.23.155.92). For more information see #help.
    [py-ctcp VERSION]

Quote Originally Posted by ajaxas View Post
    I didn't join this channel, but found it open in xchat when I came home from work yesterday.
    It annoys me and I don't have free time to watch for bot announces.
    The beauty with this channel is that you need to work your way out. Eventually you will learn a few tricks on how to get out. Think of it as a game. Either you will get so frustrated you end up finding a way out or you actually realize you love the channel and you regret ever wanting to leave.

Autojoin? Was that a mockery?
    I don't want to autojoin some inescapable channel, but today it happened second time.

How do I avoid this if I don't want and do nothing to, but still autojoin it?

The beauty with this channel is that you need to work your way out. Eventually you will learn a few tricks on how to get out. Think of it as a game. Either you will get so frustrated you end up finding a way out or you actually realize you love the channel and you regret ever wanting to leave.
    I don't read it. I don't even understand who'd want to sit on such a channel and waste his time. Maybe there are some NEETs that have nothing else to do - I am not one of them.

Please, turn off that autojoin.

Thank you.
    Last edited by ajaxas; 03-24-2009 at 09:19 AM. Reason: me being polite

Quote Originally Posted by ajaxas View Post
    Autojoin? Was that a mockery?
    I don't want to autojoin some inescapable channel, but today it happened second time.

How do I avoid this if I don't want and do nothing to, but still autojoin it?

I don't read it. I don't even understand who'd want to sit on such a channel and waste his time. Maybe there are some NEETs that have nothing else to do - I am not one of them.

Please, turn off that autojoin.

Thank you.
    PM me when you're on IRC then and I will ban you if I'm present.

I find this very amusing .

I love it. I'm addicted to the UNO. =(

I got trapped by someone, I use pidgin so it really annoys me because I can't close the window, please get me out of here

@LeonLanford: get a proper IRC client =b

Quote Originally Posted by Annie
    There is more than one way out? =O

Banned

Default how does this happen?

How the heck does Rizon keep you in the channel??????

A combination of magic and midgets.
    Rizon CEO
    Jason
    Jason@Rizon.net