Thread: Rizon Games

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Rizon Games

We have been working on a new project of possibly implementing some games for our users to play.

Our first setup is in beta testing right now and can be seen in the room #TestTrivia . The bots name is Trivia and as you guessed it asks trivia questions and keeps score of users answers. This bot has the capability of being added to any room in which the founder requests it. We are currently working on allowing rooms to upload their own list of questions for their room to use. This will allow us to have many different themes of questions for rooms to choose from. We hope to add more features to it soon. Any suggestions or requests should go here.

We are also discussing adding some other games but as it stands they are in discussion and no games have been decided yet. The games will all be simple small games that our users can play with one another and that can be put in any room that wishes to have it.

Trivia is now released to the public. Any room that would like to use our trivia system may do so by typing the following command:

/msg FunServ request trivia #channelname

This command must be typed by the founder of the room. To remove the trivia bot from the room type:

/msg FunServ remove trivia #channelname

again this must be typed by the founder of the room.

A list of available trivia commands once assigned to a room are below:

@Nessun .help trivia
    Trivia: .trivia [number] - to start playing.
    Trivia: .strivia - to stop current round.
    Trivia: .topten/.tt - lists top ten players.
    Trivia: .rank [nick] - shows yours or given nicks current rank.
    Trivia: .next - skips question.
    Trivia: .themes - lists available question themes.
    Trivia: .theme set <name> - changes current question theme (must be channel founder).

The current question themes in which we have are:

[22:48:32] -Trivia- Theme: Anime, 2323 questions.
    [22:48:32] -Trivia- Theme: default, 79015 questions.
    [22:48:32] -Trivia- Theme: Geography, 122 questions.
    [22:48:32] -Trivia- Theme: History, 64 questions.
    [22:48:32] -Trivia- Theme: LOTR-Books, 800 questions.
    [22:48:32] -Trivia- Theme: LOTR-Movies, 455 questions.
    [22:48:32] -Trivia- Theme: Movies, 731 questions.
    [22:48:32] -Trivia- Theme: Naruto, 918 questions.
    [22:48:32] -Trivia- Theme: ScienceAndNature, 96 questions.
    [22:48:32] -Trivia- Theme: Simpsons, 249 questions.
    [22:48:32] -Trivia- Theme: Stargate, 2082 questions.

The default list is roughly 50,000 questions. We can add and will add more themes as time goes on. If you have a question list you would like to have added email it to me at Nessun@rizon.net with the theme of the questions. If you have anymore questions feel free to post on this forum.

-Nessun
    Last edited by Jason; 04-22-2009 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Update

I love this new feature of Trivia. Does that mean Nessun will always win on the Trivia
    escnuk3r
    irc.rizon.net
    Server Admin

escnuk3r@rizon.net

aww yea, nice work Nessun. You amaze me more each day. I hope you don't mind a few suggestions:

When you said you will set up different themes people can request it should be possible to pick more than one theme, and randomize the questions/themes instead of running them on a queue. (i.e waiting until theme1 is done before starting theme2's questions.)

How about changing TriviaServ to GameServ instead? It's way more suitable for a game service, especially if it's suppose to contain/run more games than just regular trivia.
    Last edited by Annie; 03-21-2009 at 10:52 AM. Reason: tits

First give the credit of the work to wild, he has done the work and an excellent job at that. While we have Gameserv setup atm we are thinking about a copy different games and a bot for each so we don't all the games using one nickname. That is why we chose TriviaServ. I have considered naming it Trivia because I have that name myself.

As for the themes best to let use get this setup before we plan the next move. I'd like to get this part setup and then do some live testing in #DontJoinItsATrap. We are importing the scores from the current trivia into it so people don't lose their stats and freak out.

But I do appreciate the feedback
    Rizon CEO
    Jason
    Jason@Rizon.net

O and esnuck3r of course I will always win the trivia
    Rizon CEO
    Jason
    Jason@Rizon.net

The trapchannel seems to be the perfect place to test.
    I can't believe people play Trivia and Uno there 24/7. But I'm not complaining, the channel turned out really cool.

This is awesome thank you!
    Its really very easy if you try not to make it hard!

just a thought, maybe set up the .next command so that it takes 2 or more different people to skip a question, gets pretty annoying when people skip questions just because they dont know the answer and not giving anyone else a chance

Is there a way to reset the points tally? We were wanting to reset each night so we could see who won for that particular day instead of the grand total for everyone who has ever played in that channel.

is this a post????