Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where does your nickname come from?

An angel appeared to my mother and said, "He is the Son of God, the Savior of the network, the Wonderful Operator, the Mighty Admin, the Eternal Founder, the Prince of //cs set $chan Peace on, the King of kings and Lord of lords, Invite only, the only hope for users to ever be set free from Awyeah and the bondage of Annie. You shall name him twilightNoir."

lol, bondage >_<

I used to name sk8 on the first IRC server I discovered, on which I met person called Rusty, which I thought was cool.

Upon finding Rizon, I found that Rusty was taken, so I changed to Dusty, and it's stuck.

I needed a new nickname because I figured out what my old nick "P.I.M.P." means (god, I was 12 and just liked that song by 50 Cent [I hate that song now.]). That was the first time I compiled an application by myself (look it up at Wikipedia if you want to know what compiling means, I'm sick of explaining it to everyone). Et voila - my nick was The Compiler (respectively TheCompiler or The_Compiler or The-Compiler)

Flo

A dark pitcher, actually I only use this name on Rizon, but I was watching a show back in mid 2005 and they were talking about Dark Pitchers. But I named myself DarkJug.

When I first signed up online, I had the nickname CrazySexyCool for AOL because I was in love with TLC (the band). Then I joined my first IRC network when I was 13, and I used Jobeth (my name) for a while, but I got sick of people knowing my name, so I changed it to t0xik because the definition of toxic means capable of causing injury or death and I'll keel joo.

<joke> Also, I love Britney Spears </joke>
    .:*:. t0xik .:*:.

When I was in 6th grade, I made a taser. I proceeded to shock myself with it.

All I remember from afterwards is my friend standing over me, laughing and going "You're such a Doofus".

Bingo.

Question

Last edited by illadelph; 06-15-2009 at 11:42 PM.

Banned

Well, mine comes from my name. Is not that surprising? My name is quite long and whenever my parents get mad at me that is the time my nickname arises.

Hmm.... Actually i'm surprised that my nick hasn't been taken on here... as it is on the IRC... But My name comes from my second favorite color, black, in Japanese.
    The reason I didn't do my first favorite is... Its Blue... and Aoi is a girl name.
    So yeah, Kuroi it is. (Although the 'i' is completely optional... My friends just call me Kuro.)