Thread: Rizon Quotes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Instead of op, I actually do think adding quote should be (allowed to be) restricted to voice and above. First reason: unless the channel is not open to public (i.e. +k, restricted access, etc), troublemakers are bounded to appear, more or less. With the quote bot there, the easiest way to cause troubles is to add a bunch of meaningless quotes. Unless there's constantly a channel op/halfop standing by, by the time it's attended to, a great deal of "damage" would have been done already. It's usually public channels having a lot of conversation going on that would result in a decent amount of quotes, and the ironic thing is, those channels are the one that attract troublemakers. Taking the quote bot away because of that and putting it in some private channels instead kind of defeats the purpose, since others won't be able to see the quotes, and that's providing "staff members" are always around or check logs to add quotes.

Second reason: having that option will give voiced users on Rizon an universal meaning/privilege. Right now having a voice in over 99% of the channels with 10 users or more serve no purpose other than having a + sign next to their nicks. If only voice or above can add quotes, channel moderators will actually think about giving out voices to their users with a reason, other than current situation of randomly giving it out that does not really matter. Please consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
    Instead of op, I actually do think adding quote should be (allowed to be) restricted to voice and above. First reason: unless the channel is not open to public (i.e. +k, restricted access, etc), troublemakers are bounded to appear, more or less. With the quote bot there, the easiest way to cause troubles is to add a bunch of meaningless quotes. Unless there's constantly a channel op/halfop standing by, by the time it's attended to, a great deal of "damage" would have been done already. It's usually public channels having a lot of conversation going on that would result in a decent amount of quotes, and the ironic thing is, those channels are the one that attract troublemakers. Taking the quote bot away because of that and putting it in some private channels instead kind of defeats the purpose, since others won't be able to see the quotes, and that's providing "staff members" are always around or check logs to add quotes.

Second reason: having that option will give voiced users on Rizon an universal meaning/privilege. Right now having a voice in over 99% of the channels with 10 users or more serve no purpose other than having a + sign next to their nicks. If only voice or above can add quotes, channel moderators will actually think about giving out voices to their users with a reason, other than current situation of randomly giving it out that does not really matter. Please consider it.
    Thumbs up, I agree and support this suggestions. (

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Thumbs up, I agree and support this suggestions. (
    So do I. Nice ideas indeed.

Florian
    Everything is possible - you just need to know how.
    www.the-compiler.org

Only voices+ can add quotes now. We added this last night and are still letting it be tested. Not had anyone post so guessing no one has noticed yet.
    Rizon CEO
    Jason
    Jason@Rizon.net

Any chance to ban someone from the trivia?
    I mean, channel wise. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Nessun View Post
    Only voices+ can add quotes now. We added this last night and are still letting it be tested. Not had anyone post so guessing no one has noticed yet.
    Actually dizzy and I had a conversation while he was testing and debugging it, but after that I didn't really have the chance to follow up on the progress since I was swamped with work for the past few days. I suppose everything has been stablized now. Thank you guys for making it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Any chance to ban someone from the trivia?
    I mean, channel wise. =/
    Speaking of trivia, I'm thinking the same rule (i.e. voice+ only) may possibly be applied to ".strivia"? Same reason as ".quote add" to prevent troublemakers from interrupting the game purposefully.