Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guide on how to download on IRC.

Default Guide on how to download on IRC.

To download from IRC XDCC bots, I decided to make a guide since it's way faster and less time-wasting.

To download files, get mIRC at http://www.mirc.com

1) Install mIRC, open up mIRC.

2) An options dialogue window should popup.
    If it doesn't, go to Tools --> Options to open it.

3) Go to DCC --> Ignore, and turn it off, so that you can get any file type.

4) Put settings same as here, so that you can resume download if it's interrupted and press OK.

5) Use "/list what_you_are_searching_for_here" to find channels with what you want to find. Join the channel that you want, and request a file from a bot using "/msg bot_nick xdcc send #x" ("#x" is number of the pack you want to download), like on the picture.

6) To get the XDCC list, use "/msg bot_nick xdcc send LIST" (some bots want "/msg bot_nick XDCC SEND 1" to get the packlist), sometimes it gives you a site with the list of it, and some other times it shows the list via notice to you, so choose a pack and happy download!
    Last edited by Kittie; 05-03-2009 at 03:11 PM. Reason: picture edit

Wow, it's wonderful. Thanks for the tutorial.

Where does one type instruction #5?

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy1 View Post
    Where does one type instruction #5?
    You can type that anywhere, be it your status window, pm box, or in any channel for that matter. The forward slash at the beginning " / " signifies that you're entering a command, and thus, it won't be sent directly to the box that you typed it in.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Kokizzzle; 12-23-2009 at 12:08 AM.

It's much easier if you use a script.
    XDCC Browser Will help you manage the downloads and requests.

Also has a hotlink option, which means you just need to double click on the packet in the channel.

Unhappy please help me

hye there!

i am new here and i still didnt get the way to download file.can somebody please guide me one by one?thank you

http://news.is-fabulo.us/

Found this awesome website which seems to list every xdcc bot on rizon channels.

Question

hello all my friend here..im new here.. and need advice from all of u..before this i already know how to dload from IRc...
    but now i change to file hoster as a uploader...

anyway..now i need some help from all of u to teach or guide me to dload from IRc coz i forgot the command list...

hopefully ur answer soon.. i cant follow the tutorial aboce..the picture is missing....

really hope...
    sayid83

Quote Originally Posted by sayid83 View Post
    hello all my friend here..im new here.. and need advice from all of u..before this i already know how to dload from IRc...
    but now i change to file hoster as a uploader...

anyway..now i need some help from all of u to teach or guide me to dload from IRc coz i forgot the command list...

hopefully ur answer soon.. i cant follow the tutorial aboce..the picture is missing....

really hope...
    sayid83
    I'd like to bump this I'm also looking for a reply on this one.
    Any advice is highly appreciated!

I've got a problem. Because everytime I try to download something, this message appears, for example: DCC Get of [UTW] _Fate_Zero_-_02_ [BD] [h264-720p_AC3] [8AB2BF54]. Mkv from [UTW] Belle incomplete (unable to connect). So then, a new message: DCC Xfer Bounce ([UTW] Belle): Timeout waiting for incoming connection [127.0.0.1:37197]. How can I solve this?